BRAD LITTLE – Governor OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR
DAVE JEPPESEN – Director 450 West State Street, 10th Floor
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0036
March 25, 2020
TO: All Citizens of the State of Idaho, Elected and Appointed Officials
FROM: Dave Jeppesen, Director
RE: Order to Self-Isolate for the State of Idaho
Please find attached, an Order to Self-Isolate for all individuals living in Idaho. The isolation order was issued in order to fight the community spread of coronavirus that has been confirmed in Idaho. It is based on the advice and direction of state, federal and local public health experts.
- The isolation order requires Idaho residents to stay and work from home as much as possible while ensuring all essential services and business remain available.
- The isolation order identifies the essential services and businesses that will remain open, including grocery stores, health care facilities, all utilities, gas stations, financial institutions, residential and home-based care, and other businesses essential to the safety and well-being of the residents of citizens of Idaho. Restaurants will still be able to provide delivery and carry out service.
- America’s supply chain is the strongest in the world and the Governor has already taken steps to ensure there will be no delay or shortage of supplies. There is no need to rush to the store or hoard supplies.
- The isolation order does not prohibit outdoor activity such as walking, hiking, running, and biking, but a safe distance of six (6) feet must be kept between those who do not live in the same household.
- The isolation order is a crucial step in fighting the spread of coronavirus and ensuring our healthcare system is not overrun with many cases at the same time.
Please do your part to protect your family and neighbors, stay calm, and isolate yourself to help our state get through this difficult time safely.